Double Chocolate Crackle Cookies


If you were to cut me open (which I sincerely hope you never do) I'm pretty sure I would bleed out chocolate. I'm kind of a chocolate fiend. No seriously. I consume something with chocolate every single day.... Since its been pretty chilly lately my daily dose usually consists of hot chocolate. Yes, I have hot chocolate every day during winter. Hey don't judge! You were lured here by my decadent chocolately photos. **cough cough** I think you might have a problem. 

Uhemm well anyways... So now that you understand my complex and addictive relationship with above-mentioned-ingredient you can see why I would find vegan brownie mix hard to pass up! I saw a box of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix and did my normal ingredient skimming. I couldn't find anything that disagreed with my diet so I pulled out my handy-dandy Is It Vegan app (if you don't own this get it! It's free and it makes shopping vegan so much easier). Is It Vegan didn't fire up any warnings so I threw it in the cart. Once I got home I noticed a recipe for Crackle Cookies on the box. They looked good... really good.... So I gave into temptation and made the stinkers. The recipe here is the same as the one listed on the box except I substituted Ener G egg replacer for the eggs. These cookies are stupid easy but look all kinds of fancy and are incredibly relish. So wow your friends and eat some chocolate. 






Ingredients
One box of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix
3 Ener G eggs
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup powdered sugar for coating the cookies

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until smooth and creamy
3. Roll dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter and then roll them in the powdered sugar until coated
4. Place coated balls on the cookie sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes




Comments

Popular Posts